Personal Umbrella Protection You Can Depend On
All it takes is a severe car accident or mishap on your property to trigger a costly jury award. A personal umbrella policy pays for damages and expenses for which you, or covered family members, may be liable due to auto accidents, home accidents or recreational vehicle accidents.1
For about a dollar a day2
, you can have the peace of mind that comes with $1 million in coverage.
It could happen to anyone...
A repairman slips on an outside stairway while exiting your home, resulting in a jury award for injuries and lost wages in excess of your home insurance liability. Or while swerving to avoid a dog in the road, your son accidentally hits a motorcyclist, whose medical and repair bills total more than what your auto insurance covers. What would you do? With Liberty Mutual Personal Umbrella Insurance, you wouldn't have to worry. You'd be covered - for only about an extra dollar a day.
Benefits of Personal Umbrella Coverage
With personal umbrella insurance, you receive3
What Does Umbrella Protection Cover?
- $1 million in coverage, with higher limits available
- Additional liability coverage over the limits of your auto, home or recreational vehicle policy
- Protection from liability claims not normally covered under your home policy, such as libel or slander
- Payment of defense costs, attorney fees and other expenses associated with a lawsuit, even if the lawsuit is frivolous or groundless
- Coverage for you and your residents insured under the policy4
Personal umbrella protection adds and extends a number of liability coverages. See our Umbrella Insurance Coverage Q&A
for more details.
An auto policy with Liberty Mutual Insurance with a minimum liability limit is required to purchase a personal umbrella policy. Your home or boat policy does not have to be with Liberty Mutual Insurance, but minimum liability limits for those policies will apply.
Like most insurance policies, a personal umbrella policy has certain exclusions, which include:
- Malpractice Lawsuits
- Workers Compensation
- Damage intentionally caused by any insured