1. Income replacement
Proceeds from a life insurance policy can step in to pay the bills when income from the insured is lost due to death.
2. Burial and other final expenses
The death of a loved one is hard enough without having to worry about your funeral costs, which can be well over $10,000.2
3. Mortgage protection
A family may lose their home if a life insurance death benefit is not available to help pay
4. Lock in a low premium at a young age
Over time, as people age, premiums increase. The best time for you to buy life insurance
5. Transfer wealth to family
You can leave more money to your family with a life insurance policy as part of your estate.
6. A tax-advantaged way to build cash value
You can realize tax advantages by utilizing policies that build cash value.
7. Provide funds for college education
College is expensive. Life insurance proceeds can help ensure that college loans are paid even if you aren't there to help.
8. Meet evolving needs with a variety of product options
Needs change over a lifetime. You may want to look for a different type of policy or lower premiums to suit new life circumstances.
9. Supplement employer-provided life insurance policy
Employer-provided life insurance alone may not be adequate to cover your family's
10. Pay estate taxes and create estate liquidity
When an estate is inherited, certain taxes must be paid. Life insurance may step in to cover your estate costs.
Life insurance and annuities issued by:
Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, a Liberty Mutual company
Home office: Boston, Mass. Service center: Dover, N.H.