Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Factors that Impact Your Homeowners Insurance Quote
Whether you've just bought a new home or you're looking to change insurance carriers, getting an online home insurance quote from Liberty Mutual is secure, quick and easy.
What Information Will I Need?
Your time is important, and we'll try to get you through the quote process as quickly as possible. In many cases we can fill in your property information automatically based on public records, but having the following information nearby will make things easier:
- Your current policy (if you have one)
- Home purchase date
- Approximate year your home was built
- Approximate total living area (sq. ft.)
- Approximate age of roof and roof material
- Foundation type
- Material on outside walls
- Any home safety devices you have (fire extinguishers, smoke alarms,
dead bolts, etc.)
If you're a condo homeowner, learn about the information you'll need on hand to get a condo insurance quote.
What Factors Affect My Rate?
When you request a home insurance quote, the calculated rate and ultimately the cost of your home insurance policy is influenced by several factors:
- Your Home's Age & Condition: Homeowners insurance quotes from Liberty Mutual are designed to capture the current value of your home based on the information you provide, including building materials and the condition of key components such as the roof, furnace, electrical and plumbing systems. If you have an older home, the materials used to build it may now be unavailable or more expensive to replace.
- Your Home's Replacement Value: A key factor that affects home insurance rates is the estimated cost of replacing your house. Not the current tax assessment or market value of your home, but the actual cost to rebuild the structure of your home, So for example, if your home was knocked over in a storm how much would it cost to rebuild it? That's the replacement value. And not only are materials and labor taken into account, but so is inflation and availability of materials.
- Your Address: Where you live will influence your home insurance quote. Certain areas that are more heavily affected by weather and other factors tend to produce more claims, causing home insurance rates to be higher. This means that you may pay higher premiums if, for example, you live near a large body of water, or in a neighborhood prone to brush fires or mud slides. Repair and construction costs also vary by region, another factor in your home insurance quote.
- Safety and Security: Having dead bolt locks, a burglar alarm, smoke detectors and other home safety features will all help you save money on your home insurance quote.
Understanding these factors and ways to qualify for Home Insurance Discounts will help you save on the cost of homeowners insurance. If you already have a policy and are comparing home insurance quotes, it helps to review your existing home insurance policy for current coverage, limits and deductible amounts.
What Coverage is Best for Me?
When purchasing a home insurance policy, you want to make sure that you're getting the coverage you need to fit your specific situation. You can learn more in our Home Insurance Coverage section, or estimate the coverage ranges that are right for you by using our Home Coverage Calculator. Once you're ready, you can get an online home insurance quote and we can answer any questions you have along the way.
What if I Need to Talk to Someone?
Get a Home Insurance Quote2012040114575729
If you need help during the online quote process, agents are available to chat with you online while you're in the quoting application. But you can also give us a call or contact your Local Agent to get the same great customer experience.