Accidents can be stressful. Fortunately, the claim process doesn't have to be. Here are some guidelines to follow:
File the Claim
Were you involved in an accident? Whether you file a claim online, over the phone, or with your mobile device, you’ll need to provide some basic information.
- Make and model of vehicle(s) involved
- Name and address of the driver
- Description of the damage
- Time and location of the incident
- Name(s) and information of witnesses
Do you have auto glass damage? You can quickly report an auto glass claim and schedule your repair appointment.
Schedule Your Damage Review and Repairs
After you file the claim, your car's damage must be reviewed before it can be repaired. Here are your options.
- Guaranteed Repair Network1 – Choose a shop in our network for 100% guaranteed repairs for as long as you own your car. Search for a Guaranteed Repair Network shop near you.
- Photo Estimates – If your car is drivable, you can send us photos of the damage and get an estimate. Get more information on how to take your own damage photos.
Mobile App: Simply download the Liberty Mutual Mobile App on iTunes to use Express EstimateTM, the easiest way to take and send us photos.
Online Account: Quickly upload photos to your claim within your online account.
Text/Email: Your claims representative can also assist you with texting or emailing the photos to us.
- Rental Car – Whether or not you have rental coverage on your policy, you may need a rental car while yours is in the shop. While you can use any rental company you want, Liberty Mutual partners with Enterprise Rent-a-Car to provide you with exceptional customer service at discounted rates.
If you're a non-Liberty Mutual customer, an accident investigation must be completed before you can schedule a damage review. Get more information on claims for non-Liberty Mutual customers.
Complete Your Claim
In most cases, we recommend you let Liberty Mutual pay the repair shop directly. We’ll pay the shop the entire cost except for your policy deductible, which you’re responsible for paying. Log in to track your payment, or call us at 1-800-225-2467.
Want to Track Your Claim?
Tracking your claim's progress is quick and easy. Simply visit your online account to learn the next step in your claims process, send us photos and documents, view payment details, and much more.
1 The property damage must be covered by your policy. Guaranteed Repair Network not available in Rhode Island or Massachusetts. In those states we offer our Superior Service Program, which offers the same convenient benefits. Contact your Liberty Mutual Claims Representative for details.
2 Damage caused by normal wear and tear, improper maintenance or unreasonable use are not covered. We will repair or replace any defective work of the GRN facility. Salvaged mechanical parts specified in the appraisal are covered for one year from the date your vehicle is returned to you or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
3 Express Estimate is not available in all states. Other eligibility rules apply. Contact your Liberty Mutual Claims Representative for details.