Sandbags blocking water

Flood Insurance quotes

See how much you could save on Flood insurance!

Start your flood insurance quote
You will be redirected to our partner's website

Flood Insurance partnership with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)

Liberty Mutual is part of the WYO (Write Your Own) Program under the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in all 50 states, in over 21,000 communities. Our participation in this program allows us to provide and serve NFIP policies that can keep you protected from costly damage.

Do I need flood insurance?

Flood insurance coverage is highly recommended since floods can happen anywhere.

  • Just one inch of water in an average home can cause more than $25,000 in damage.
  • More than 25% of flood insurance claims come from outside a high-risk flood area.
  • Flooding is the most common and costly natural disaster in the United States.
  • If you suffer a flood, you can seek federal disaster assistance, but it may not be enough to make a full recovery. Most homeowners policies don't cover food losses, only flood insurance covers the cost of flood damage.

What should I know about flood insurance?

  • A homeowners policy does not protect against loss or damage from a flood.
  • With a flood policy from the NFIP, you're covered up to $250,000 for your home and $100,000 for belongings.

How much is flood insurance?

According to NFIP, flood insurance coverage for homeowners living in moderate to low-risk flood areas can be as low as $325 a year.

No matter where you live though, flood insurance is affordable, and less expensive than you might expect. Contact your Liberty Mutual representative who can provide you with a no-obligation rate quote. You can also visit FEMA's website for a chart of estimated premiums and additional information.

I don't live in a flood zone, do I need Flood Insurance?

Floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States. In fact, your home is more likely to be damaged from flood than from a fire. Floods are caused by storms, melting snow, hurricanes, and water backup due to inadequate or overloaded drainage systems, dam or levee failure.

Common flood insurance questions

Looking for flood-related advice? We can help.

rain water overflowing blocked gutters
Water Damage

How to prevent a water backup in your home

Water damage can be a costly headache. Avoid it by taking these precautions.
Flashlights, batteries, and other items for a household safety kit
Disaster preparation

What you need in a home safety kit

Having a go bag ready can be a lifesaver in an emergency.
1Note: Information provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) brochure, Protect Your Home Against Flood Damage.