What is manufactured or mobile home insurance?
Manufactured home insurance, also referred to as mobile home insurance or just home insurance, helps protect your home and personal belongings from a covered loss. In general, this type of insurance pays for damages or losses due to things like theft, fire, severe weather, and injuries due to an accident on your property.
Accidents can happen and the weather's outside of our control. Home insurance for your manufactured or mobile home is one way to help you prepare. If you value the things inside your home, make sure you're protected with the right insurance.
What does manufactured or mobile home insurance cover?
Policies can cover things like
- Your home itself and attached structures
- Your personal belongings (electronics, appliances, tools, etc.)
- Damage or injury to someone else's property (if you're found liable)
- A hotel if your home is unlivable
- Roof repair (doesn't include general maintenance)
- And more!
Is insurance required on manufactured or mobile homes?
Much like other types of property insurance, insurance on your manufactured or mobile home isn't required by law. But just because it's not required by law doesn't mean you shouldn't protect your home.
Most lenders and mortgage companies do require homeowners to have insurance. Some manufactured or mobile home communities may also require insurance as well.
Why choose Liberty Mutual for your manufactured or mobile home insurance?
Be confident with Assurant®
Choose your payment schedule
Only pay for what you need
How to compare manufactured or mobile home insurance companies?
When comparing insurance quotes, you may see a lot of similarities, whether you're looking for the best manufactured or mobile home insurance, or a more affordable option. That's because there are common coverages most mortgage companies require like
- Dwelling (property damage to your home)
- Hurricane damage
These coverages may vary by state and lender, so it's always good to check before you get a quote.
Tips for comparing manufactured or mobile home insurance quotes
- Compare coverages and make sure the options meet your needs
- Choose the same deductibles because it can affect your quote prices
- Optional coverages can affect your price like Personal Property Replacement Cost or Water Backup Coverage (not always available)
When comparing manufactured or mobile home insurance, you should also think about the provider. At Liberty Mutual, we've partnered with Assurant® to make your manufactured or mobile home insurance quote quick and easy.
Last but not least, you should also consider the insurance company's reputation. We believe progress happens when people feel secure — and that goes beyond insurance.
How much is manufactured or mobile home insurance?
The cost of insurance will vary depending on your customized coverages, limits, and deductibles. Other factors that typically impact the cost of home insurance include
- The location of your home and the surrounding environment
- The type of weather your state experiences
- The age of your home and its systems
- If you have any recreational features, like a swimming pool
Generally, the less risk you have the lower your price may be. It all depends on your needs. You can also lower the cost of your premium by increasing your deductible.
What do I need to get a manufactured or mobile home quote?
Gather these details to get your quote faster
- Basic information about you, your property, any co-owners, and occupants
- Ownership or mortgage status
- Details about your home's construction and any safety features
- If you have an existing home insurance policy
Get started creating your custom mobile home insurance quote by calling us at 800-291-4549.
Manufactured and mobile home insurance frequently asked questions
Yes. Although flood insurance is generally a separate policy that's not included in most home insurance policies, Assurant's policies sometimes have the option to include flood coverage. Floods can happen anywhere, so it's a good idea to think about adding this valuable coverage to help protect your home and belongings.
If it's not available through Assurant, at Liberty Mutual we can help you get the flood insurance you need at a great price.
Most standard mobile home insurance policies don't include protection for damage from earthquakes, but many Assurant policies do. If you live in an area at risk of earthquakes, it's important to check your policy terms and if it's not included, talk to your insurance company about getting earthquake insurance too.