How Does the Claims Process Work?
- Discussion with claim representative. The first step is to speak with a Liberty Mutual claim representative, who will help guide you through the claims process.
- Appraisal. The next step is getting an appraisal, either from a shop in our Guaranteed Repair Network, or a shop of your choice. If you choose a shop in the Guaranteed Repair Network and you are not at fault for the accident, Liberty Mutual will 100% guarantee the repairs as long as you own the vehicle.
- Investigation. While your appraisal is being completed, we’ll conduct our investigation into the accident. This investigation is an important part of the claims process because it not only helps us determine fault, it also dictates how your claim will be settled.
- Next steps. The next step in the process depends on the outcome of the investigation, so when it’s completed a member of our claims team will contact you to discuss it. If we find that you were not at fault, our representatives will work with you to resolve the claim.
- Check progress online. You can check the progress of our investigation online anytime and stay up-to-date on the status of your claim.
In addition to tracking the progress of your claim, you’ll be able to:
- View claim and payment details
- Get updates on Liberty Mutual’s investigation to determine fault
- Find appraisal and repair information
- Change your contact information
- Your name and date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your SSN (used only for username recovery and password reset)
- Claim number
Have More Questions?
Call us anytime. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to report claims, check claims status, or simply answer questions.