A message to our customers about the Coronavirus
We're here to help
At Liberty Mutual the well-being of our customers and employees is always our top priority. We’re actively monitoring the situation and taking steps to keep employees and customers healthy and to minimize disruptions to our customers.
Personal Insurance Customers:
Payment Flexibility Options
Changes to Auto & Property Claims Process to Protect Customers and Employees
- We’ve stopped all in-home damage inspections effective immediately except in emergency situations, such as water damage with an active leak or threat of mold, to avoid having employees entering homes. Whenever possible, we will do in-home inspections through RealTime Review video chat or other video collaboration tools. We will ask customers for their approval before using these tools.
- Our adjusters will continue to do outside property inspections outside the home with customer permission. Our property adjusters will be following CDC Guidelines, including social distancing and following sanitation guidelines.
- Auto appraisers will not be visiting customer homes or auto body shops except in emergency situations and will follow CDC guidelines. You can submit photographs of vehicle damage online and through our app, including using our new assisted-photo tool which will show you step-by-step how to take damage photos.
- All other claims employees are working from home to continue to support customers. For faster claims processing, we strongly encourage you to file new claims online, to manage claims online, and to use our digital tools including RealTime Review video chat and guided photo capture.
- We are suspending our Claims Valet Service until further notice except for emergency situations.
- We’re instructing any vendors who provide services to Liberty Mutual to follow the same guidelines.
Online Options for Personal Insurance Customers
Business Insurance Customers:
Measures to Keep Employees Safe and Prevent Spread of Coronavirus
- We’ve enabled all our employees to work from home and implemented mandatory work from home across all offices in the US and Canada.
- All air, rail, and bus travel by employees is restricted through April 30.
We will keep you informed as this situation continues to evolve. In the meantime, stay well and thank you for being a Liberty Mutual customer.