What Does Home Insurance Cover?
What's covered by a standard homeowners insurance policy?
- Physical Structures: If your house or other structures on your property, like a garage or tool shed, are damaged or a deemed total covered loss, we'll arrange for them to be repaired or replaced.
- Personal Belongings: If your personal possessions, like furniture, clothing, and appliances, are damaged or deemed a total covered loss, we’ll arrange for them to be repaired or replaced.
- Liability: If someone is accidentally injured or has their own property damaged while on your premises, we'll defend any claims against you and pay them up to your policy limits. We'll also pay for reasonable and necessary medical expenses up to the limit you purchased, regardless of who was at fault.
- Additional Living Expenses: We'll cover your additional expenses if, due to a covered loss, you need to live elsewhere while repairs are being made to your home, enabling you to return to living your life as quickly as possible.
Additional Homeowners Insurance Coverage Options
To further protect your home, assets, and future earnings from a potential loss, these additional coverage options are available to add to your standard Homeowners Insurance policy.
- Personal Property Coverage: From ordinary items, to valuables — we know how much the things that make your house a home mean to you. Should a covered item be damaged or destroyed, you deserve to have a replacement that's a near or exact match.
- Inflation Protection: Liberty Mutual will automatically adjust your coverage limits at your policy's renewal to keep pace with inflation and you will also receive a discount on your policy premium.
No matter where you live, Liberty Mutual can guide you to a Homeowners policy that fulfills your unique coverage needs.
The descriptions of coverages and programs are necessarily brief and are subject to policy provisions, limitations and exclusions that can only be expressed in the policy itself. Coverages and programs vary by state and are not available in all states. For a complete explanation of coverages, please consult a sales representative.