Landlord Insurance for Rental Properties
Protecting you and your investment
As a landlord renting out your investment property, we know you've got a lot on your mind. Finding the right tenants, keeping up with repairs; the list goes on and on. With Liberty Mutual Landlord Insurance, you'll have one less thing to worry about. Our rental property insurance protects your property from damages, and you from losing income should covered damages make your property unlivable.
What does Landlord Insurance cover?
Customize Your Policy
- Your residential rental property; single-family, duplex, triplex and quad
- Other structures on the property such as sheds, garages, etc.
- Items on the premises you own such as microwaves, washers and dryers being used by your tenants - even tools you keep handy for repairs
Owning an investment property presents specific insurance issues unique to your situation. Recognizing that, we offer landlord policies that can be tailored to your needs. Landlord Insurance coverage options available to you include:
Landlords Qualify for Discounts Too
- Liability - if a claim is made against you for accidental damage in relation to your rental property, Liberty Mutual will defend those claims, and pay those claims for which you are legally responsible, up to your policy limits.
- Fair Rental Value Coverage - if your property is deemed unlivable due to a covered loss, we'll reimburse you for the income you'll lose because your tenants will no longer be paying you rent.
- Inflation Protection - the cost of making repairs is increasing every day. With Inflation Protection Coverage, Liberty Mutual will automatically adjust your policy limits to keep pace with inflation - and you will receive a discount on your policy premium.
- Personal Injury Coverage - if a claim is made against you for injuries arising out of libel, slander, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry.
- Lock replacement
Liberty Mutual offers a variety of discounts on your landlord insurance policy to keep costs affordable:
Landlord Insurance Benefits - The Extra Features You Deserve
- Multi-policy - for when you insure both your property and car with Liberty Mutual.
- Early shopper - if your current insurance policy doesn't expire for a while, you could qualify for an early shopper discount.
- New/Renovated Home - get a discount if your rental property is less than 13 years old or was recently renovated.
- Exclusive Group Savings - Save on the cost of landlord insurance if you are a member or employee of any of the more than 14,000 employers, groups, credit unions or alumni associations that are a part of Liberty Mutual's affinity program.
We believe responsible landlords deserve more than just basic insurance coverage; that's why Liberty Mutual provides additional benefits such as:
- Emergency Repair Service
- 24-Hour Claims Assistance
- Contractor Network Referral
- Manage your policy online
- Convenient payment options
- Go paperless for bills and policy documents