No matter what Kansas city or town you live in, Liberty Mutual rewards your responsible choices with that could help you save hundreds of dollars a year. As a proud member of the Kansas community, we offer exclusive savings to members of various college alumni groups, employers and associations across the state, including the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, American Academy of Family Physicians, YRC Worldwide and the Garden City Unified School District 457.
Kansas Auto Insurance Information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Kansas, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- $25,000/person for bodily injury
- $50,000/accident for bodily injury
- $10,000/accident for property damage
Personal injury protection (PIP or No Fault)
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Kansas includes:
- $4,500/person for medical expenses
- $900/month for one year for disability/loss of income
- $25/day for in-home services
- $2,000 for funeral, burial or cremation expense
- $4,500 for rehabilitation expense
- Survivor Benefits: Disability/loss of income up to $900/month for one year
- In-home services up to $25/day for one year
Most people opt for higher amounts of auto insurance coverage than the state minimum in order to protect themselves in case of an accident. To learn more about Kansas auto insurance minimums, visit the .