Michigan car insurance
Enter your ZIP code to start your quote
Michigan auto insurance information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Michigan, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $20,000 per person / $40,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $10,000 per accident
To learn more about Michigan auto insurance minimums, download the Brief Explanation of Michigan No-Fault Insurance PDF.
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses. PIP coverage in Michigan has no maximum limit and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Bundle Michigan car insurance to save
Purchasing a home insurance policy along with car insurance from Liberty Mutual qualifies you for a multi-policy discount. Learn more about our Michigan home insurance.