Liberty Mutual offers Renters Insurance for rates as low as $12/month1
, and this coverage is in effect anywhere you go, whether it's down the street with your bike or halfway around the world with some prized possessions. Remember, your landlord likely has insurance to protect the building you live in, but isn't responsible for your belongings, the costs of finding another place to live in an emergency, or any personal liability you may face if someone is injured in your home.
What Renters Insurance Covers
Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance covers the possessions that matter to you from theft, fire, and some types of water damage, and renters coverage doesn't stop when you leave your home. Your personal property is covered in your car, when you go on vacation, even when you're moving.
You'll also be covered if you accidentally damage someone else's property or if someone was injured in your apartment.2
So for example, if your bathtub overflows and water seeps into the apartment below, damaging your neighbor's furniture or rug, your renters policy will cover the damage up to your liability limits. Or if someone trips in your apartment and files a claim against you, Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance provides coverage up to your liability and medical payments limits.3
To estimate how much Renters Insurance could cost, check out our Renters Insurance Coverage Calculator
Renters Insurance Discounts
You may be able to save even more on the cost of rental insurance with our available discounts, including:
- Multi-Policy Discount for insuring your car and apartment with Liberty Mutual. If you already have car insurance with Liberty Mutual, contact us to add Renters Insurance.
- Exclusive Group Savings if you belong to one of the nearly 14,000 Liberty Mutual member groups.
- Claims-Free Savings if you have not filed a claim with your previous insurance carrier for five years or more.
- Home Computer and Smartphone Coverage provides additional protection (including higher limits and additional covered causes of loss) for computers, peripheral devices, software, and media. Smartphones and iPads, for example, are covered with this endorsement. Losses will be subject to a $100 deductible.
- Blanket Jewelry Coverage provides additional coverage for all jewelry items under a single combined limit (e.g. $5,000 in coverage means you have a maximum of $5,000 in coverage for any and all jewelry items). Valuation and other documentation will be required if you file a claim.
To schedule individual jewelry items, please contact us
to choose item-specific limits and provide valuation.