What is Collision Insurance Coverage?
When your vehicle is damaged in an accident, Collision Insurance is an add-on coverage that pays the cost of repairing or replacing it, minus the amount of your deductible.
This includes collisions with another vehicle or an object, like a guardrail or a tree.
Customized coverage that protects your vehicle
Who’s is right for?
Collision Insurance Coverage is right for vehicle owners who drive a car worth protecting. This includes:
- Vehicles that are being leased or financed.
- Newer, more expensive vehicles.
- Older vehicles that still maintain good value, relative to your deductible and monthly rate.
What are the benefits?
When you enroll in Collision Insurance Coverage, you can drive knowing your car is covered in the event of an accident.
- Avoid paying out-of-pocket for repairs above the cost of your deductible.
- Coverage for your loss when your damaged vehicle is deemed to be totaled.
- Potentially pay nothing at all for repairing or replacing your vehicle when adding Deductible Fund alongside your Collision Insurance Coverage.
Choosing your Collision Insurance deductible
Your Collision deductible is the amount of money you will pay out-of-pocket in the event that a collision damages your car. When deciding on the amount of your deductible, consider:
- The cost of your car and its potential corresponding repairs.
- Your willingness to pay for repairs under the amount of the deductible.
A higher collision deductible means that you will cover more of the cost of repairs when they arise, which in turn lowers your monthly premium.