Collision Insurance Coverage
What is Collision Insurance Coverage?
Collision Insurance is coverage that pays the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
This includes collisions with another vehicle or an object, like a guardrail or a tree.
Customized insurance that protects your new car investment
Do I need Collision Insurance?
Collision coverage is right for vehicle owners who drive a car worth protecting. This includes:
- Vehicles that are being leased or financed.
- Newer, more expensive vehicles.
- Older vehicles that still maintain good value, relative to your deductible and monthly rate.
What are the benefits of collision insurance?
When you choose collision insurance, you can drive knowing your car is covered in the event of an accident.
- Avoid paying out-of-pocket for repairs above the cost of your deductible.
- Coverage for your loss when your damaged vehicle is deemed to be totaled.
- Potentially pay nothing at all for repairing or replacing your vehicle when addingLiberty Mutual Deductible Fund® alongside your collision insurance coverage.
How do I choose my collision deductible?
When deciding on the amount of your deductible, consider:
- The cost of your car and its potential corresponding repairs.
- Your willingness to pay for repairs under the amount of the deductible.
Having a higher collision deductible means that you will cover more of the cost of repairs when they arise, which in turn lowers your monthly premium. Having a lower monthly premium is convenient but can put you at risk in the time of need.