What is Collision Insurance Coverage?
Collision Insurance is coverage that pays the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
This includes collisions with another vehicle or an object, like a guardrail or a tree.
Customized coverage that protects your vehicle
Do I need Collision Insurance?
- Vehicles that are being leased or financed.
- Newer, more expensive vehicles.
- Older vehicles that still maintain good value, relative to your deductible and monthly rate.
What are the benefits?
- Avoid paying out-of-pocket for repairs above the cost of your deductible.
- Coverage for your loss when your damaged vehicle is deemed to be totaled.
- Potentially pay nothing at all for repairing or replacing your vehicle when adding Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund® alongside your collision insurance coverage.
Collision coverage is intended for when you, someone, or something collides with your vehicle.
Comprehensive coverage is intended for damage done to your vehicle by fire, weather (like a flood), vandalism, or even an animal.The main difference between the two coverages is whether another car or someone’s property is struck in an accident.Learn more about car insurance coverages here.
When deciding on the amount of your deductible, consider:
- The cost of your car and its potential corresponding repairs.
- Your willingness to pay for repairs under the amount of the deductible.
higher collision deductible means that you will cover more of the cost of repairs when they arise, which in turn lowers your monthly premium. Having a lower monthly premium is convenient but can put you at risk in the time of need.
What kind of car insurance does my state require?
Want to learn more about a state’s specific auto insurance requirements? Choose a state to see a summary of the coverage requirements and some optional coverages to consider based on location.
When you get a car insurance quote, we’ll make sure you get the auto insurance coverage required where you live. Then, you can customize your coverage, so you only pay for what you need.