Washington DC car insurance
Enter your ZIP code to start your quote
Washington DC auto insurance information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in District of Columbia, the District requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $10,000 per accident Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Uninsured Property Damage Liability: $5,000 per accident, subject to $200 deductible
To learn more about District of Columbia auto insurance minimums, visit the District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles.
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. A minimum PIP amount of $25,000 per person is required in Washington, DC and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Bundle Washington DC car insurance to save
Purchasing a home insurance policy along with car insurance from Liberty Mutual qualifies you for a multi-policy discount. Learn more about our Washington DC home insurance.