Massachusetts Car Insurance
Auto Insurance Coverage in Massachusetts
Whether you live in Boston, Springfield, Adams or Fitchburg, Liberty Mutual rewards your responsible choices with that could help you save hundreds of dollars a year. Additionally, we offer exclusive savings to over 1,000 college alumni groups, companies, and associations across the state.
Massachusetts Car Insurance Information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Massachusetts, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $20,000 per person / $40,000 per accident
- Personal Injury Protection: $8,000 per person, per accident
- Bodily Injury Caused by an Uninsured Auto: $20,000 per person / $40,000 per accident
- Damage to Someone Else's Property: $5,000 per accident
Most people opt for higher amounts of auto insurance coverage than the state minimum in order to protect themselves in case of an accident. To learn more about Massachusetts auto insurance minimums, visit .
Did you know?
- Liberty Mutual Group was founded in Boston as the Massachusetts Employees Insurance Association in 1912.
- In Massachusetts, Liberty Mutual has more than 4,000 employees in 33 offices.
- The Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety is located in Hopkinton, MA. The Institute researches causes and prevention of workplace accidents, injury, and worker disability, as well as ways to improve on-the-job safety and achieve safe and sustained return-to-work methods.
Get Massachusetts Home Insurance & Save