Whether you live in Boston, Springfield, Adams or Fitchburg, Liberty Mutual rewards your responsible choices with that could help you save hundreds of dollars a year. Additionally, we offer exclusive savings to over 1,000 college alumni groups, companies, and associations across the state.
Massachusetts Car Insurance Information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Massachusetts, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $20,000 per person / $40,000 per accident
- Personal Injury Protection: $8,000 per person, per accident
- Bodily Injury Caused by an Uninsured Auto: $20,000 per person / $40,000 per accident
- Damage to Someone Else's Property: $5,000 per accident
Most people opt for higher amounts of auto insurance coverage than the state minimum in order to protect themselves in case of an accident. To learn more about Massachusetts auto insurance minimums, visit .
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Massachusetts has a maximum limit of $8,000 per person ($2,000 if they have health insurance) and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work, at 75% of the amount of your prior wage.
- Household services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
- Funeral expenses.
Did you know?
- Liberty Mutual Group was founded in Boston as the Massachusetts Employees Insurance Association in 1912.
- In Massachusetts, Liberty Mutual has more than 4,000 employees in 33 offices.