Massachusetts car insurance
Enter your ZIP code to start your quote
Massachusetts auto insurance information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Massachusetts, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $20,000 per person / $40,000 per accident
- Personal Injury Protection: $8,000 per person, per accident
- Bodily Injury Caused by an Uninsured Auto: $20,000 per person / $40,000 per accident
- Damage to Someone Else's Property: $5,000 per accident
To learn more about Massachusetts auto insurance minimums, visit Mass.gov.
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Massachusetts has a maximum limit of $8,000 per person ($2,000 if they have health insurance) and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work, at 75% of the amount of your prior wage.
- Household services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
- Funeral expenses.
Bundle Massachgusetts car insurance to save
Purchasing a home insurance policy along with car insurance from Liberty Mutual qualifies you for a multi-policy discount. Learn more about our Massachusetts home insurance.