Nevada home insurance
Enter your ZIP Code to start your custom quote
Nevada homeowners insurance coverage
Nevada homeowners face many challenges throughout the year. While many who live outside the state might not realize it, Nevada's wide range of climates present a vast array of home insurance concerns. Wind in arid deserts can damage homes, while cooler temperatures in mountain regions can bring on frozen pipes. Liberty Mutual understands the needs of Nevada homeowners and offers customized homeowners insurance coverage to fit your specific situation.
What types of homeowners insurance coverages are recommended in Nevada?
The following insurance coverage comes standard with any homeowners policy:
The following insurance coverages are recommended for homeowners in Nevada:
- Flood insurance: Homeowners insurance generally does not cover damage caused by floods, including flashfloods which are common in southern Nevada. Keep in mind that even if you are not in a flood zone or in a region prone to flashfloods, flooding can still occur.
- Personal property replacement cost: If your belongings are lost or damaged in a covered loss such as from theft or a wildfire, this coverage will cover the cost of brand-new replacement items.
Begin your free online quote
The following optional homeowners insurance coverages should be considered by all homeowners in Nevada:
- Blanket Jewelry
- Escape of Water
- Personal Electronics Coverage
Is homeowners insurance required by law in Nevada?
No, homeowners insurance isn't required by law in Nevada, but your mortgage company will most likely require it in order to get a loan.
What is the average cost of homeowners insurance in Nevada?
The average cost of homeowners insurance in Nevada is $964 per year according to NerdWallet.2 That's 41% lower than the national average. However, this rate may be higher or lower for you depending on the value and age of your home, the coverage you select, your claims history, and a wide variety of other factors.
Still unsure about your homeowners insurance policy options?
Tell us your zip code and we'll suggest coverage options that may be a good fit for where you live in Nevada.
Discounts that help you save
Online Purchase Discount
Bundle and Save
Newly Purchased Home
Ready to start a homeowners quote online?
Get a quote in minutes. Here's what you'll need:
- Basic information about your property
- Basic information about you, any co-owners, and occupants
- Ownership or mortgage status
- Details about your home's construction and any safety features
- If you have an existing homeowners insurance policy