Even after all the studying, driving lessons, and parking lot training sessions: accidents happen. As a new driver, it is important to do everything you can to avoid being involved in an accident, but to also be prepared if one does happen. Here are some tips everyone - from a new driver to an experienced one - should remember.
What should you do in case of an accident?
• Stay calm.
• Get to a safe area near the accident scene and turn on your emergency flashers.
• Make sure everyone is okay and call 911, if necessary.
• Write down the other driver's license number, insurance details and automobile information with the Liberty Mutual Mobile app or on a piece of paper.
• When it is safe, take pictures of the vehicles involved, damage, road signs, etc. and upload them with your app.
• Get statements and contact information from any witnesses.
to our online services or call your insurance agent to report the accident and get the claims process underway.