Florida car insurance
Enter your ZIP code to start your quote
Florida auto insurance information
As with most states, Florida requires drivers to have a certain level of coverage. These requirements include:
- Minimum $10,000 Personal Injury Protection
- Minimum of $10,000 in Liability Coverage
You can learn more about auto insurance requirements in Florida from Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Florida pays for:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.