No matter what Kentucky city or town you live in, Liberty Mutual rewards your responsible choices with that could help you save hundreds of dollars a year. As a proud member of the Kentucky community, we offer exclusive savings to members of various college alumni groups, employers and associations across the state, including the University of Kentucky, Brown-Forman and employees of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Liberty Mutual also offers specific benefits to teachers through our .
Kentucky Auto Insurance Information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Kentucky, the Commonwealth requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $10,000 per accident
Most people opt for higher amounts of auto insurance coverage than the state minimum in order to protect themselves and their cars in case of an accident. And with Kentucky's two horse racing seasons attracting increased numbers of people and cars to surrounding cities and towns, it's even more important to protect yourself. To learn more about Kentucky auto insurance minimums, visit the .
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Kentucky has a minimum amount of $10,000 per person and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Similar “out-of-pocket” costs due to injury.
Did You Know?
- Liberty Mutual opened its first Kentucky office in 1919.
- Today Liberty Mutual employs more than 200 people across the state.