Whether you live in the Twin Cities, Hastings, Roseau or Rochester, Liberty Mutual rewards your responsible choices with that could help you save hundreds of dollars a year. As a proud member of the Minnesota community, we offer exclusive savings to members of various college alumni groups, employers and associations across the state, including the University of Minnesota and 3M.
Minnesota Auto Insurance Information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Minnesota, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $30,000 per person / $60,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $10,000 per accident
- Uninsured Motorist: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Underinsured Motorist: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
Most people opt for higher amounts of auto insurance coverage than the state minimum in order to protect themselves and their cars in case of an accident. To learn more about Minnesota auto insurance minimums, download this brochure from the .
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Minnesota has a minimum amount of $40,000 per person and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Did You Know?
- Liberty Mutual opened its first office in Minnesota in 1921.
- Liberty Mutual now employs more than 220 people in 6 offices across the state.