Texas Car Insurance Information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Texas, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $30,000 per person / $60,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $25,000 per accident
Most people opt for higher amounts of auto insurance coverage than the state minimum in order to protect themselves and their cars in case of an accident. To learn more about Texas auto insurance minimums, visit the .
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Texas pays for:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Did You Know?
- Liberty Mutual opened its first Texas office in 1923.
- Today Liberty Mutual employs more than 1,900 people across the state.