Texas car insurance
Enter your ZIP code to start your quote
Texas auto insurance information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Texas, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $30,000 per person / $60,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $25,000 per accident
To learn more about Texas auto insurance minimums, visit the Texas Department of Insurance.
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Texas pays for:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Bundle Texas car insurance to save
Purchasing a home insurance policy along with car insurance from Liberty Mutual qualifies you for a multi-policy discount. Learn more about our Texas home insurance.