Delaware car insurance
Enter your ZIP code to start your quote
Delaware auto insurance information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in Delaware, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Bodily Injury to Others: $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: $10,000 per accident
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident
To learn more about Delaware auto insurance minimums, visit the Delaware Department of Insurance website.
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in Delaware has a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident, and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Bundle Delaware car insurance to save
Purchasing a home insurance policy along with car insurance from Liberty Mutual qualifies you for a multi-policy discount. Learn more about our Delaware home insurance.