New Jersey car insurance
Enter your ZIP code to start your quote
New Jersey auto insurance information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in New Jersey, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person, per accident (up to $250,000 for certain injuries)
- Property Damage Liability: $5,000 per accident
To learn more about New Jersey auto insurance minimums, download this brochure from the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance.
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in New Jersey has a minimum amount of $15,000 per person and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Bundle New Jersey car insurance to save
Purchasing a home insurance policy along with car insurance from Liberty Mutual qualifies you for a multi-policy discount. Learn more about our New Jersey home insurance.