No matter where you live in New Jersey, Liberty Mutual rewards your responsible choices with that could help you save hundreds of dollars a year. As a proud member of the New Jersey community, we offer exclusive savings to members of various college alumni groups, employers and associations across the state, including Rutgers University, Fairleigh Dickinson, Seton Hall and the State of New Jersey employees.
New Jersey Car Insurance Information
As with most states, in order to register and drive your car in New Jersey, the state requires that you have a minimum level of certain types of auto insurance coverage. These include:
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person, per accident (up to $250,000 for certain injuries)
- Property Damage Liability: $5,000 per accident
Most people opt for higher amounts of auto insurance coverage than the state minimum in order to protect themselves in case of an accident. To learn more about New Jersey auto insurance minimums, download this brochure from the .
What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
If you are injured in a car accident, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays for your medical expenses and other related costs. PIP coverage in New Jersey has a minimum amount of $15,000 per person and covers:
- Medical expenses from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Lost wages due to missed time at work.
- Household replacement services when paying someone to help you with tasks you could have done on your own before you were injured.
Did You Know?
- Liberty Mutual opened its first office in New Jersey in 1917.
- Liberty Mutual now has 15 local offices throughout the state.